Explore the locations within littered and infected streets of Fairview
Read more on the game weather and listen to its soundtrack while you're at it
Tips & Tactics
Finding it hard to survive the apocalypse? Brush up on your game tactics!
Join a clan and be part of a supportive game community.
Official External Links
May 9, 2013
Double EXP Weekend
Double EXP this Weekend, May 11th & 12th! This Weekend we'll be holding a double EXP event. Players will receive 2x EXP in all forms (from Missions, OAs and normal kills) and this will multiply with any other EXP bonuses you might have active. Things will kick off at around 5am EST Saturday May 11th and finish in the very early hours of Monday morning.
March 18, 2013
This Easter, make them bleed their own blood! Introducing, Easter Evisceration! The ultimate Easter event that will start on Friday 29th of March and continue through until Monday 1st of April. During that time all players will:
- Be able to hunt a brand new type of limited edition infected
- Receive a +100% exp bonus on everything from OA bonuses, zombie kills and missions rewards for the entire duration of the event
- Loot a brand new limited edition Easter themed item
Don't miss out on the carnage!
February 27, 2013
"Weapon Damage & Loot Changes
Just a quick note to say that the damage for the following 4 weapons has been increased:
- Dusk Enforcer
- Hammerhead 47
- Painshot 10
In addition Non-GMs can now loot level 100 weapons."
February 18, 2013
"New Items Released!
Just writing to let you know I am now in the process of releasing the new items. It is currently possible to loot a total of 33 new items in the Inner City. Scientists and Farmers level 80+ will produce the new Food/Meds starting from today.
From tomorrow, all players over level 70 will require the new tier of Food & Meds. At the same time, a new tier of level 75+ Chefs, Doctors and Engineers will be available to provide services.
The new items will begin appearing in the Credit Shop a few days later."
January 14, 2013
My plan was to have the new equipment released by now. But as usual things haven't gone according to plan and it has taken a little longer, both in terms of programming and artwork. Unfortunately I am leaving for Russia on the 17th to visit my wife's family. The last couple years I've stayed home while my wife and kids made the trip, in order to focus on work instead. Unfortunately it's been such a long time since I've seen my in-laws that I feel I cannot miss this trip. Whilst I probably could rush and have everything released on the 16th, I don't think it's worth the risk. During any update there are always bugs and problems, more so if I'm rushing. While I'm away I won't have access to my entire set of development tools, so fixing things there will be very difficult. Therefore I will be delaying the new equipment until after I return at the start of February. I'd also like to take this opportunity to warn everybody that along with the release of new equipment, I'll also be releasing a new tier of food, meds and ammunition. The idea is that then new food and medical items will be required for any player over level 80. In order to cook and administer these meds, level 75 Doctors and Chefs will also be required. So, the game will change quite drastically for a while. Be prepared!"
December 23, 2012
"Our Christmas Chaos event has just begun!
Until the 28th, all players will receive a +50% EXP bonus. In addition to this you can now hunt two new types of infected, which will only be spawning over the next 5 days. They'll also be dropping some unique, Christmas themed loot.
Merry Christmas everyone! :-)"
December 1, 2012
"Deck the Halls with GORE this Christmas!
Introducing, Christmas Chaos! The ultimate Christmas event that will start on Monday 24th December and continue through until Friday '28th December. During that time all players will:
- Be able to hunt two brand new types of limited edition infected
- Receive a +50% exp bonus on everything from OA bonuses, zombie kills and missions rewards for the entire duration of the event
- Loot a brand new limited edition Christmas themed item
Don't miss out on one of the most exciting events in Dead Frontier history!"
November 20, 2012
The Corpse Destroyer has been added to the Credit Shop...
"To celebrate Christmas 2012 we've just released a new Limited Edition heavy machine gun. The Corpse Destroyer is the 2nd most powerful HMG in the game (next to the GAU-19), and will only be available until December 31st so get it while you still can!"
November 16, 2012
- “I've just finished uploading another update to the Dead Frontier inner city client, this version includes:
New anti-cheating mechanisms for both TPvP and TS
Improved frame rates for lower end PCs
Further aggro and difficulty tweaks
Zombies getting stuck in the air bug fixed
Zombies teleporting through interior walls fixed (might still be an issue for slower PCs however)
Vomit through walls bug fixed (finally!)
For the next few days I'm going to be working on adding another 20 Fort Pastor missions. Once that's complete my aim is then to move on to the multi-player overhaul I mentioned a while ago.
ETA for new gear is early January 2013.“
- — AdminPwn
October 31, 2012
- “Our Halloween Madness event has just begun!
Until the end of the week, all players will receive a +50% EXP bonus. In addition to this you can now hunt two new types of infected boss, which will only be spawning over the next 5 days. They'll also be dropping some unique, Halloween themed loot. So dust off your M60, put your forum trolling on standby and get your backside into the Inner City asap!
Happy Halloween everyone :-)“
- — AdminPwn
October 29, 2012
October 18, 2012
- “Introducing Halloween Madness!
We're going to be running a Halloween event that will start on Wednesday 31st October and continue through until Sunday 4th November. During that time all players will be able to hunt a new, rare class of infected that will only appear through Halloween. What's more, they'll be dropping some very special Halloween themed loot. Oh, and we'll be chucking in an extra +50% EXP for the entire 5 days as well! Don't miss it! :-)“
- — AdminPwn
October 16, 2012
The Corpse Ripper has been added to the Credit Shop...
"To celebrate Halloween 2012 we've just released a new Limited Edition sub machine gun. The Corpse Ripper is the most powerful SMG in the game, and will only be available until November 5th so get it while you still can!"
October 6, 2012
As stated on the Development Blog:
- “I'm just writing to let you all know that I'm still alive, and that Dead Frontier will be a getting another large update in the next month or so. Here is what I'm working on right now:
- New Missions. I'm looking to add total of around 60 new missions to the game. In addition, there will be two new missions per day rather than just the one that happens currently. I apologise that these have been such a long time coming.
- Larger Inner City with a new, much harder end zone.
- Increased level cap. The new maximum level will be 220, allowing players to completely max out their stat points.
- A massive range of new standard (non limited edition) equipment. Everything from weapons & armour to purely cosmetic items. We're looking at close to 100 new pieces in total.
- Various improvements & updates to the weekly Top PvP and Top Survivor competitions.
- Dead Frontier: Outbreak 3 :D
- A bunch of general bug fixes and optimizations to the game client.“
- — AdminPwn
August 20, 2012
The Corpse Piercer has been added to the Credit Shop...
To celebrate Halloween 2012 we've just released a new Limited
- “We've just released a new Limited Edition firearm. The Corpse Piercer is the most powerful rifle in the game, and will only be available until September 10th so get it while you still can!“
- — AdminPwn
July 16, 2012
The game experienced a lond period of downtime. As compensation, all boosts purchased during the last 30 hours will be refunded and an additional double EXP event is on. Full update:
- “As some of you may be aware, we recently had a large period of downtime (just over 11 hours). Sad I know you are all very frustrated about this and I totally understand. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
Essentially we rent our servers inside a large, fully staffed datacenter. Unfortunately a router at this datacenter broke down, and this caused all of the machines we had there to lose their outside internet connectivity. All we could do is wait while the staff at the datacenter tried to fix the problem. Unfortunately it took them 11 hours to fix it in the end.
We did consider the option of restoring from our latest offsite backup and spinning up a server in another datacenter. Unfortunately this backup was just over an hour out of date. Essentially if we restored this backup, anything players did in the last couple of hours would be erased. That means all loot, exp etc would be lost. We came to the conclusion that it was better to simply have a longer period of downtime, but with no player losses, than to have a shorter one with the rollback. To be honest, I think we made the right choice.
I have just refunded any credits spent on speed boosts, damage boosts or exp boosts in the last 30 hours in order to ensure that nobody is too badly out of pocket over this downtime.
In addition the next 24 hours will be a double exp period, in order to help make up for this loss.
Once again I'm very sorry this happened and I hope it didn't ruin your plans too badly.“
- — AdminPwn
July 1, 2012
- “Double EXP this Wednesday, July 4th!
To celebrate US Independence Day we'll be holding a double EXP event this Wednesday. Players will receive 2x EXP in all forms (from Missions, OAs and normal kills) on July 4th, between 6am EST and 10pm EST. So, if you've got a character that needs some levelling up, this would be the perfect time to do it!“
- — AdminPwn
June 25, 2012
The Corpse Crusher as been added to the Credit Shop...
"The Corpse Crusher deals the most damage of any silent melee weapon in the game and will only be available until July 25th 2012 so get one while you still can!"
May 31, 2012
New intro movie.
"Just writing to let you guys know that we've just released a new Dead Frontier introduction movie.
Check it out here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lWwjmWe1GM
This piece was painstaking directed and animated by Robert Dowling over the course of 7 months. It also features an original soundtrack from Sean Beeson.
Hope you like it!"
May 26, 2012
Full interior and barricading have been released:
- “Title says it all really. Everyone can now access interiors and barricading, plus we now have a total of 31 different building types to explore. :-)
Plus, what's extra cool about this is that I wasn't late. I said 10 days, and it was exactly 10 days. Solid proof that I don't *always* operate on valve time! Rejoice!“
- — AdminPwn
May 15, 2012
A GM-only version of interiors has been released.
- “I've just released a GM only demo of the barricading system as promised. There will probably be a fair few bugs and glitches with this system, so please be patient. I should have everything fixed up within 1-2 days. The final interior & barricading release for all players will be in approximately 10 days. “
- — AdminPwn
May 8, 2012
The Dead Frontier Wiki is proud to host a community driven project aiming to create a map of Fairview. The Detailed Mini Map allows anyone to upload map fragments in a combined effort to establish a detailed overview of the Inner City. In the tutorial you can find all the required information on how to create proper images. Everyone is welcome to contribute!
April 13, 2012
Plans for releasing interiors have been disclosed:
My plan was to release a handful of basic interiors sometime tomorrow, which I could still do. However, these interiors really are very simple (only one floor, very sparse design-wise etc) and there are still a fair few bugs I need to work out. Honestly I think you guys would be very disappointed if you saw these. Therefore, I've decided to delay things another week so that I can least get most of the bugs figured out, get the multiple floor system finalized and make them look a bit more interesting.
Here is my release plan:
1. Some interiors towards the end of next week. I'm aiming to have about 5 different building designs complete. This will be a GM only release.
2. Approximately 1 week later, I will release the barricading and personal outpost system for GMs.
3. Another 1-2 weeks later, I will release the full interior and barricading system for everyone. We should have about 35 building designs, each with a lot of random variations. And of course, all bugs should be completely ironed out by then, based on GM feedback.
March 31, 2012
The Corpse Erruptor has been added to the Credit Shop.
"The Corpse Erruptor deals the most damage of any grenade launcher in the game and will only be available until April 30th 2012 so get one while you still can!"
February 21, 2012
Today, DF has been upgraded to Unity 3D version 3.5. It is unknown of the total effect of the update, but most noticeably, the IC page has been redesigned.also full screen now works properly to go full screen press the F4 key.
February 7, 2012
The Corpse Shooter as been added to the Credit Shop...
"The Corpse Shooter deals the most damage of any pistol in the game and will only be available until February 29th 2012 so get one while you still can!"
Dead Frontier has over 1,000,000 registered accounts, and gains several hundred members every day!
The Dead Frontier Wiki is a wiki dedicated to cataloging the Dead Frontier universe, covering the game itself as well as providing community-produced canon stories, guides and other interesting information. Want to help out? Get an account, and start editing!
Please note that this wiki is fan made, so the provided information may be not always be 100% correct and up-to-date. If you find that something is wrong or needs to get updated, please edit the page in question and add a short summary of what you changed.
Please follow the Wiki Rules while visiting.
Other horror video game wikis