Outpost Attack in 3D Version"The Outpost is under attack!" message appears at the top of the outpost main screen and a siren is heard for the duration of the event on the outpost screen and anywhere within the block of the outpost.
You can protect the entrance and the guards will help you combat the zombies, but they will also take with them some of the precious EXP you need. That is why if you want more EXP, stick away from the guards. At the end of the attack, a notification on your screen informing you the attack is over and experience bonus you gained for participating is displayed. The more zombies you killed as well as the more active you were in the attack, are both factored in among other things to get your bonus experience.
There can be several Outpost Attacks during the day (2-5). The attacks to each outpost usually happens roughly at the same time. They can also happen after the new missions had been released every 12 hours. Outpost attacks can last anywhere between 15-75 minutes with most attacks lasting around 30 minutes.
There is an interval of 3-5 hours between two Outpost Attacks. One clue to the start of an Outpost attack is a sudden increase in aggro, generally about a minute before the attack starts. Another is the alarm bells ringing. It should be noted that in the Inner City, the Outpost Attack siren is apparently programmed to play directly over the in-game music. In other words, if you choose to have the game's music turned off in your Settings, you will NOT be able to hear the Outpost siren in the Inner City . In that case, you will have to rely on watching the aggro levels or look for a message inside the outpost that states the message " Outpost Attack" in order to know when an Outpost Attack has begun, is in progress, and when it has ended (of course, you'll know it's ended when the window showing your experience bonus opens).OA bonus is based on the number of zombies that you've killed, regardless of quality. So in theory, killing 5 Wraiths will yield the same amount of bonus as killing 5 grey zombies, although killing 5 Wraiths is obviously more challenging and rewarding. Because of that, the more you kill the better your EXP bonus will be. It's best to switch to single player if you are trying to gain EXP. The Bonus is calculated by the number of zombies you killed or helped to kill, multiplied by a random integer from 2 to 50.
During the Outpost attack aggro will be at a maximum. A weapon with high DPS (Damage Per Second) is highly advised.
Also there is no certain way of knowing when and for how long Outpost Attacks will last.
Personal Outpost Attack
If you have made a PO ( Personal Outpost ) in any zone , and have not left it for a minimum of 2 days - then it will be swarmed by zombies in a version of a OA ( Outpost Attack ) . You will know there is a POA - if you are in Outpost mode because you will go to the Inner City ( even though you are on the trading page etc ) when you log in and there is a sign above saying " Outpost Is Under Attack ! " .
POA's are almost exactly the same as OA's , the only differences are that there are no Guards to help and there is no bonus exp when the POA is over .
Tactics ( Single-Player Outpost Attack )
- If you want to save ammo and have a strong melee weapon, gather a large group of enemies but if you want to circle do it in large circles to avoid getting hit.
- For weaker players, stay with the Guard behind the crates and stand your ground. He will weaken your enemies and this can be used to your advantage. The Guards will also take a sum of the exp if they kill a zombie near you.
- Save/buy as much ammo as you can if you do not want to fight with melee and there are many zombies swarming you .
- Chainsaws can be used even in Fort Pastor OA with success , you just need enough skill and remember to stay away from multiple tendrils ( because the tendril will swing , and the tendril behind her will push her and you will still get hit .... this wont happen if you have a strong chainsaw with high enough critical . ( watch this vid on how to do it -> DF Holding Fort in OA ( Part 2 )
- Watch out for zombie swarms ... zombies might swarm you from all directions , so save up ammo for these occasions .
- Do not go in a area with a small space to move around in because you will get swarmed sooner or later ( unless you are not near the entrance or if you have a MG or Auto-shotgun ) .
- Do not go near buildings , many zombies will swarm and you will be hard-pressed to get out of the mob and get hit many times .
- Go near the Guards if you want some help but dont want to lose exp . The Guards will damage other zombies and you can take them down easily .
- Do not always stay inside a Outpost if you are in a OA ... the Guards will keep out weak zombies , but very strong zombies ( tendrils , spiders , bloats & brutes in FP and P-13 or bones and reapers in Dogg's Stockade ) can get past the gaurds and near you - and if you dont have much space to move around in , then you will get hit . ( especially during a Dogg's Stockade OA )
- Watch out for spiders when using melee ( chainsaws ) Because they are extremely resistant to knockback even a Corpse Grinder ( strongest chainsaw ) with 124 crit wont stop a spider . ( Ironically they are easily knocked back by a shotgun compared to other zombies )
- In single player there are less zombies , but they are all concentrating on you - so go in places where you have to fight only a few zombies at a time .
Tactics ( Multiplayer Outpost Attack )
- Watch out ! There are many more zombies ( since there are many players ) .
- MP OA is very hard since there are much more zombies , and some are invincible ( meaning if they are concentrating on Player A , you can hit them as much as you want and they wont die ... however once they switch their attention to you - the dmg take registers and they die instantly ( if you gave them enough dmg to kill them ) .
Tactics ( Single-Player Personal Outpost Attack )
- Watch out ! There are many zombies , and you are in a enclosed space .
- You are defending yourselves in a enclosed space , so it is wise to stay in a area where only a few zombies can enter at a time ( otherwise , unless you have a crowd control wep you will die )
- There are no guards to help , you have to try your best ( use weapons that do the most damage in the least amount of time )
- If you have less ammo or are low on health - leave . POA's are almost impossible to survive in , because you are fighting in a enclosed space and you dont have any help at all .
- You need a very powerful weapon ( crowd control ) as a POA in the EZ ( meaning long-arms and tendrils spawn most commonly ) will be impossible even with sweeper .
- If you are looking to grind however, it's best to hide behind a wall near the door, and use grenades to kill off the zombies, but make sure the zombies can't get around and reach you easily.
Outpost Attack in 2D Version (Removed)
|Outpost Attack in 2D Version|
Whilst Nastya's Holdout is very well defended and fortified, there comes a time when a massive horde of zombies will assault its seemingly impregnable territory, forcing all present Survivors to defend the Outpost or break along with the front lines.