The Yard serves a number of purposes, which include:
- scrapping any item for their specially set value
- Mastercraft (MC) and Godcraft (GC) items
- dye items
- rename items
Weapons and Armours can be enhanced by giving the player that has them equipped, a boost in his Stats. Items with these enhancements are called Master Crafted (MC for short) or also "God Crafted" by the players if the enhancements are maxed out.
- All stat enhancements will be directly added to your stats as long as the item is equipped. Players do not have to be using the item in order to get the stat boost, simply wielding it will grant players the stat bonuses.
- The Scrap Price of the item doubles as soon as it is Master Crafted, no matter what the boost values are.
- It is possible to GC an item (8/8/8 Stats) from performing a regular MC, although the chance is small.
Possible Weapons Enhancements
All Weapons can boost up to 3 Stats in the following order:
- Critical Hit
The boost value goes from 0 (in which case the boost will not be displayed as it is non-existent) to a maximum of 8. Below are some examples of a Pen Knife in various Master Crafted states:
Possible Armour Enhancements
All Armours can boost up to 2 Stats in the following order:
The boost value goes from 0 (in which case the boost will not be displayed as it is non-existent) to a maximum of 24. Below are some examples of a Flak Jacket in various Master Crafted states:
How To Master Craft
There are several ways to grant your weapons or armour the ability to boost your Stats. The most affordable way would be to find a Master Crafted item while looting in the Inner City, with a bit of luck it will have a nice boost too.
The second way to have a Stats boost on your item is to enhance it for a certain price. To do this you have to visit The Yard which is located on the main Outpost screen. Next drag the item you want to enhance on the enhance icon.
- Items must not be equipped in order to enhance them.
- There is no limit on how many times you enhance an item.
- All enhancements are random.
- All previous enhancements on the item will be lost if you enhance it again.
- When enhancing, it is impossible to get anything lower than 1 in each enhancement.
- All Weapons cost $15,000 to enhance.
- All Armours cost $30,000 to enhance.
- Another way is master crafted and god crafted items are doubled or tripled in scrap value.
- The last way to enhance your equipment is by paying a certain amount of Credits to have it God Crafted. It's done the same way as Master Crafting, just use the relevant icon.
- 250 Credits for a maxed out (God Crafted) weapon -> 8/8/8
- 500 Credits for a maxed out (God Crafted) armour -> 24/24
Players may rename their weapons and armour at The Yard for a fee of 500 credits. The renames must be greater than 3 characters, and smaller than 16. Renames containing profanities and other offensive subject matter are not allowed, and will get you in serious trouble. Your rename can be removed by Administrators, in which your credits will be refunded.
Typically, renames are used for level 100 weapons or the strongest piece of armour that one owns, but some rename weaponry and armour that may have some sort of sentimental value, or simply as a joke. The Dead Frontier Staff asks that you only use names that fit within the setting of Dead Frontier.
Players are advised to be very careful when typing out the rename, as no refunds or free renames can be given if the player finds that a spelling mistake has been made, or that they simply don't like their name.
Gold Members DO NOT get a reduced cost for renaming their weapons and armour.
A new feature was added in November 15 2009 to The Yard which allowed you to colour your Armour or your Clothing. There are 2 different options: Apprentice Dye and Master Dye. Both colour your selected armour or clothes but both have different functions. The Apprentice Dye will choose a random color, but the Master Dye lets you choose whichever color you want.
- Both Armour or Clothes must not be equipped in order to dye them.
- There is no Limit to how many times you dye an Armour or Clothing.
- When using the Apprentice Dye, Be warned that you could get the same color again.
- All Clothing cost $15,000 (Apprentice Dye) or 100 Credits (Master Dye) to dye.
- All Armour cost $30,000 (Apprentice Dye) or 250 Credits (Master Dye) to dye.